Mutliple PC software licenses

Old 09-17-10, 11:25 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Mutliple PC software licenses

Just bought MSOffice 2010, the one with licenses for 3 computers. I have 2 PC's, I think one of them is about to go.

If I were to load the software on the suspect PC and it fails, can I still load the software onto it's replacement? Will that license always be associated with the dead PC?

I want to keep the 3rd license in reserve, just in case I need it for a 3rd PC.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-10, 01:55 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 118 Votes on 105 Posts
I don't know a whole lot about computers but several years ago I had some problems with my PC and the kids came over and fixed it up for me. Some how in the process my PC thought it was new or something and failed to recognize my windows XP. All I had to do was make a phone call and explain it was still the same computer and the disc wasn't being installed on a 2nd PC. The whole process only took a few minutes. I guess they just took my word that it wasn't being used on a 2nd PC.

Old 09-17-10, 02:39 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Microsoft will only allow a certain amount of activations before it prevents you from doing it. Like Mark mentioned, I have always called Microsoft, given them the very long reference number, told them it's only loaded on 1 machine, and they have always given me a activation code. Never a problem.