anti-virus

Old 09-27-10, 10:16 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
anti-virus

What is the best anti-virus to run. I am running three right now, AGV, spybot, and malwarebytes, once a day. And I still manage to get something now and then. Over the past 15 years I dumped a lot of time and money into straighten things out.
The law needs to step up and do something. If I break into your house, or car I am going to jail, why not the same for your computer.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-10, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator
Well...the three you mention are all for slightly different things...and I'm not sure if any of the free editions have real-time protection? Many folks like AVAST over AVG...I've tried both (as well as a few others) and actually wound up using MS Security Essentials when nothing could get rid of a problem I had. 2 scans with MSSE and I was up and running. I still run Spybot S&D and MWB occasionally...but have had no issues since getting MSSE.

Old 09-27-10, 10:41 AM
Group Moderator
Received 46 Votes on 43 Posts
I use Avast and have been since AVG came out with version 8.0 which, IMO, turned it into the resource hog it claimed to be the alternative to

I have spybot but run scans less than once a month

Old 09-27-10, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 30 Posts
I use Avast, Spybot, Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials.
Just remember to run the update on Spybot once a week and Malwarebytes at least one a month. The others update automatically.

Old 09-27-10, 03:56 PM
Ok my last bout with a virus was caused by a fake sight saying they were Microsoft Security Essentials. It locked up, and wouldn't let me do anything but go to there web sight, and I wasn't about to do that again. The last time I went to some one sight, it cost me $100.00, lost my computer for a week, and all the files that didn't have resent backups.

Old 09-28-10, 07:10 AM
virus protection

I have used McAfee for the last 3 or 4 years.... No problems