IE 9 Beta

Old 10-15-10, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 30 Posts
IE 9 Beta

Anyone using IE9 Beta yet? It looks good and I'm tempted to try it but wondered if anyone is having any problems with it.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-10, 01:02 PM
Group Moderator
Received 46 Votes on 43 Posts
I use IE (on version 8 currently) and Windows OSs (on Windows 7 currently) but I'm always skeptical of new MS products and would never use a beta version

Thankfully, there are people like you who will so I see fewer bugs when I switch

Old 10-15-10, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator
Thankfully, there are people like you who will so I see fewer bugs when I switch
Gee, thanks for that, lol!
I haven't decided yet, but after reading some reviews, it sounds like it's a major improvement with a lot of new features and a lot faster. I'll probably give in and try it.

Old 10-15-10, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lemme know if it's like the previous versions that completely take over every facet of the computer.

You'll have to drag me kicking & screaming from my beloved Firefox. I also use Open Office instead of MS because of the bloat.

Worst thing recently: Got a new laptop from work with Win7 on it. The IT admins prevented me from turning off the webcam and internal microphone. Had to put a piece of electrical tape over the lens and stick a dummy plug into the mic input.

Old 10-18-10, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator
OK, so I gave in and d/l and installed it. So far, no problems. Installed smoothly, no errors, looks slightly different, more options and features and definitely faster. This site is loading faster than ever.
Also d/l Windows Live Essentials 2011, mainly for Windows Live Mail. Mail is a huge improvement over the previous version. Lots more options and features.
I have Win7, so not sure how it does on other versions.
I give it a in case anyone's interested.

Old 10-18-10, 08:23 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I've actually noticed it using A LOT more memory than IE 8. With IE 8 on my laptop with 2GB of memory running Windows 7 Ultimate it would jump from about 23% memory usage to only about 29% memory usage. With IE 9 Beta memory usage jumped up to about 48% memory usage when I opened IE 9. But It seems to work well with some of the online radio sites that I use when I'm at work.