Can't find my Windows updates

Old 10-21-10, 11:05 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Can't find my Windows updates

I recently reinstalled Windows XP and went to Microsoft to download SP2. Then it asked if I wanted to restart my computer and install the updates. Well I didn't have time to do that so I shut down the computer instead. Now I don't know where to find the downloaded updates to install. Can anyone help? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-10, 11:17 PM
Usually,unless you say not to, the updates will install automatically during shutdown.

You can go to Windows update and it will load them again. Either way, should not be a problem.

Old 10-22-10, 01:22 AM
Would that mean that I will have 2 copies of the update on my PC if I go back to Microsoft for the updates again? This time, I will make sure I have the time to install the updates before shutting down.

Old 10-22-10, 03:32 AM
Click on ‘Control Panel’ in your Start menu; Click on ‘System’; At ‘General’ tab, it will show you what Service Pack is installed.

This will tell you if SP2 installed during shut down or not. As an alternative, you may see SP2 in your ‘Add or Remove Programs’.

You might want to update to SP3.

Old 10-22-10, 06:41 AM
Group Moderator
Received 47 Votes on 44 Posts
If it's already there, MS won't install a second copy

It should be on the list of installed programs in add or remove programs if it was installed

Old 10-25-10, 12:51 AM
I did not find SP2 in my "Add or Remove Programs" so I went back to Microsoft and downloaded it again. This time, I stayed around to complete the installation. Restarted my PC and ran Belarc. Belarc said I was still missing some hotfixes. So I went back to Microsoft and got more updates until Belarc was happy.

Thanks for the help.