iPod touch

Old 11-01-10, 04:38 PM
Received 8 Votes on 8 Posts
iPod touch

just pucrchased 4th gen touch. I want to transfer my 3rd gen apps and songs on to the 4th. Everything is backed up on iTunes. Can this be done and will it be a smooth transition.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-10, 05:14 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
My wife says that she had done that with no trouble but that -
The only possible requirement being that the 4th generation Ipod ...oh excuse me ... iPod has been named the same thing as the old one during transfer. Now I don't know if that's key or if it's arbitrary. That's just what she said might have made it work for her.

Old 11-01-10, 05:34 PM
Received 8 Votes on 8 Posts
Thant sounds good. Can I rename the gen 3 after I get done? I would like to give this to my daughter.

Old 11-01-10, 05:48 PM
Yeah I dunno if the name thing is necessary, either way it would only apply during transfer.
Purchase licensed material from iTunes may only update to the unit with the original account name.

Old 11-01-10, 08:07 PM
E
ive actually discovered a little work around for multiple devices in the same family. My wife and i share an itunes account. We both have iphones and if either of us buy an app or song or whatever, if i transfer said purchased item over to the other itunes( by this i mean, if your syncing 2 devices under different user names on your pc, disregard this step if you use same itunes under the same user name in windows) Becuase both devices are using the same itunes all purchases work. Your allowed to authorize up to 5 PC's so technically you could use this method with multiple people on multiple pcs.