Unallocated Space

Old 11-25-10, 09:49 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unallocated Space

I have been expanding to a larger hard drive and I ran into a little problem.

I used a program to try and expand the size of a current volume. I wanted to add 250MB to a volume but what it did was create another partition that I can't seem to get rid of.

I have a 243MB partition that I want to get rid of so that I end up with just one place with a large amount of unallocated space. I have uploaded a screen shot here: Imageshack - screencap3004.jpg

Can someone tell me how to get rid of the 243MB area of unallocated space so it will be a part of the 1061MB unallocated space? I want to end up with just my C:, D:, and E: drives and then a lump of the unallocated space.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-10, 09:41 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
the unallocated space is just that, it is not really a partition but empty unformatted space. you can merge that space with an existing partition to increase that partitions size. if you just want it to show as one big unallocated spot, you could try creating one new partition out of the two unallocated spaces you have and then deleteing that partition. but be careful mucking around in your drives like that, easy to format the wrong spot. good luck