Opening a link in a new window

Old 12-24-10, 02:39 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Opening a link in a new window

I use Internet Explorer 6.0 and I'm ready to give up looking for an answer to my question on Windows Help or in the Internet Options or in any of the programs in Control Panel.

When I right click on a link and then left click on the "Open in New Window" command, my computer screen then goes blank as that new window loads. I have to manually go back to the old screen I was looking at by clicking the appropriate box at the bottom of the screen.

How do I change it so that I can open the new web page in the background so that my screen doesn't change when I open a link in a new window (except for the fact that another window is indicated at the bottom of the screen)? That is, so that I can open many new windows for many different links without having to go back to the original web page after opening each new window to open the NEXT new window?

And, why isn't there ANYTHING WHATSOEVER about doing this in Internet Explorer's "Help" files?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-10, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator
Wish I could help...but I've been using IE8 (when I need to use IE at all). I think most IE users have, probably why you haven't seen much response. Have you thought about upgrading to 8? It's much faster and easier to use. I believe it can be set to do as you wish.

Old 12-25-10, 07:01 AM
screw IE. Chrome is where it is at ! it does take a little getting used to. but it is way better.