Registry Cleaners

Old 02-12-11, 02:42 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Registry Cleaners

Whats up with all the cleaners? I have been using regcure and everything seems fine. Just for the heck of it I downloaded another "free scan" andi is showed 245 errors when regcure said everything was ok? Is this just some sort of a marketing ploy or what?

Old 02-12-11, 05:37 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Yep, you try to correct the 245 errors and a screen will pop up asking for your credit card number and $$$ to "join". Marketing 101....cast, set hook, reel in.

Old 02-13-11, 06:59 AM
B
reg cleaner

Got that, but i whats the deal with one saying registry is clean the other saying Ihave all those errors. How do you know which is right. I guess if system is working close to normal leave it alone huh..

Old 02-13-11, 09:29 AM
The errors that are reported from that scan are nothing more than temp files, history entries, cookies, win log files, etc.... You can generate 245 pretty quick.

Run regcure or ccleaner every so often and forget about it.

Old 02-13-11, 09:59 AM
M
ccleaner

I like ccleaner from prisoft, it's what i use on my and other computers I work on
depending on how many programs are running ( and with a new computer it will be a lot since the major like to load up on non needed utilities ) i like to shut them down and the browser and then run the scan. but like others said you will get a lot in very short order since you will have temp files, MRU ( most recently used ) and other files being written as you finish the scan and resume normal computer use.

Old 02-14-11, 06:03 AM
B
Thanks for the info guys!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: