Netflix connection to TV

Old 01-09-11, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Netflix connection to TV

I currently have my internet connection via Verizon supplied modem and want to be able to view Netflix on my LG HDTV (55LH90) which unfortunately does not have a direct broadband connection. It appears I can accomplish this if I purchase a network capable blue-ray player and my question is how is this connection made. Is it just the ethernet cable connection between modem and blue-ray or is it more involved?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-11, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator
Thats all it is. Connect to the modem if it has multiple ports..or you put a router in and connect your PC and the player to that. Very simple.

The player basically will find the connection and get software updates then show your choices. Make sure you shop for one from a company that has agreements with what you want to watch.

Old 01-09-11, 04:30 PM
Yup, all you have to do is run a cat5 cable from your router to the Blu Ray player.

Old 01-09-11, 04:31 PM
patch ca ble required

just an ethernet connection from the modem to the blueray, then hdmi out to the tv

i watch netflix wirelessly via my laptop and through another computer that is dedicated for gaming and watching netflix

Old 01-09-11, 04:49 PM
Ok, thanks for the info. I was hoping for something easy and sounds like it will be.

Old 01-09-11, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator
Received 10 Votes on 8 Posts
Here are the ready devices.

Netflix: Rent as many movies as you want for only $8.99 a month! Free Trial

I use the Wii.

Mike NJ

Old 01-09-11, 06:03 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
I use the Roku box. About as big as 2 packs of cigarettes with a remote. Allows you to utilize Amazon, Netflix, and others. It is basically a wireless streamer off my router. Works great. About $60

Old 01-11-11, 07:16 PM
I'll second the Roku for Netflix. Mine has a wireless connection so that you don't have to run a wire to it. It supports HD quality streaming. Mine never rebuffers over my DSL connection. It also has access to Amazon movie streaming so that you can watch the latest movies not yet streaming on Netflix. Just my $.02. I can also stream Netflix over my XBOX though not as convenient as a dedicated player.