FATAL EXCEPTION???

Old 12-22-00, 09:09 PM
Admin Emeritus
Unhappy

Hello <again>

Previously I posted a "Fair Warning" regarding the downloading of the latest version of Windows Media Player version 7.0. With that warning I posted the Fatal Exception code pertaining to the error.

That error code was: 0E at 0177:BFF8ABGE
<whatever that means???>

While posting on a web site recently, my trusty, reliable, always stable in the past and professionally customized windows '98 computer CRASHED again!!! A totally rare occassion on this computer.

The crash caused my monitor screen to go totally blue, displaying the crash code and two choices. Hit any key to resume or Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
<The second choice was the only one that worked.>

Spare the foul language remarks, I was highly SHOCKED and upset once again.

The error code this time was: 0E at 0177:BFF87EB5
<whatever this one means???>

Anyone have any ideas? What does that code mean?

Like many others, I too in the past have attempt to get a confirmed solid answer to a computer code error from windows help web sites. As mentioned in my prior posting and in my prior experiences, in my opinion, it's an exercise in absolute futility!!! <Dog chasing it's tail>

Does anyone know what the last code error pertains to?

One should have cause for concern regarding those techies who write these software programs. <HAHA> I often wonder what causes them to display error codes and use wording like "illegal act" without explanations???

Any assistance deciphering these codes would be greatly appreciated.

BTW:
There isn't any sign of a virus on this computer either.
Verified by an updated version of Norton AntiVirus Software.

Best Regards
Happy Holidays,
Tom

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-00, 08:28 AM
Visiting Guest
Tom,
Have you searched for Fatal Errors or fatal exception at http://www.microsoft.com in their Support Knowledge Base??

A lot of times this can help send you in the right direction.

Tom,
look at this link
http://support.microsoft.com/support...n_SRCH&SPR=W98

Good luck,
Randy H

Old 01-01-01, 09:20 AM
Admin Emeritus
Thumbs up

Hi:RandyH

Thanks for those links. I'll give them a try. Especially the second link. One of which I didn't even know about.

Until that crash recently, I didn't ever have any need for a web site to locate explanations for error codes, to be honest. It has been almost two years, on this machine, since my last freeze-up or crash. <Thanks to the level three technicians at Compaq.>

And once again, thanks for your help. For a while there I didn't think anyone on this web site or anyone visiting this forum and reading my question would ever reply with any usefull information. Fact is I almost totally gave up returning and looking for a reply.

Thanks to you I now have a site to explore error codes. Hopefully, never again having to tolerate a crash.

Old 01-05-01, 04:18 PM
Visiting Guest
Tom,
did you figure ot your fatal crash problem?

Randy