Windows Media Player 11, Win XP, DNLA file sharing

Old 01-25-11, 10:55 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Windows Media Player 11, Win XP, DNLA file sharing

I have WMP 11, Win XP MCE and I have set up media sharing to my xbox, tv and Direct TV Media Share device. I can access some of the folders, but not the ones I want. I set up a directory on the C root drive and I want to use that to store and access my pictures, but none of the connected devices can see that directory (I don't want to allow access to My Documents for security reasons). The media devices can see pictures in some of the folders under My Documents but not all. Also I added this want-to-be shared picture folder to the list of accessible folders in WMP and as a shared folder on my network but still I get nothing. Also, when I drill down on my media devices, selecting Pictures, folders, ... I don't get the same folder structure as is on my computer - how does DNLA/WMP look for folders?

Old 01-25-11, 11:50 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
from what ive seen your setup should work. but here is a list of formats that DLNA requires. Media Format and Transport Model - DLNA does the unit(tv , xbox, etc. ) you are trying to use recognize the files?
also for anybody else wondering here is a nice guide for WMP 11 DLNA server setup. Making Your PC a DLNA Certified Media Server - Agoraquest - Sony Forum, News, Reviews

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: