Old 01-25-11, 01:07 PM
P
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post

Can you image to an external hard drive with more than one program?

Old 01-26-11, 06:37 AM
W
Received 36 Votes on 33 Posts

What type of image? JPG?..............

Old 01-26-11, 07:35 AM
P
imaging

I used to use Acronis True Image Home 2010 to create a system Image which I saved in the usb drive.
I have also used Macrium Reflect and Win 7 backup and restore.
I feel imaging is a better way to create a recovery situation in case of disaster than backing up which sometimes recovers in disassembled bundles.
Anyway, the image I am referring to is the one that a program such as the ones i listed can create on the external drive.
I wondered if it was prudent to use more than one of these programs to create a backup so that if one failed during recovery the other(s) might be successful?

Old 01-29-11, 04:29 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You certainly can do this even though it may be overkill. I have my OS on a separate partition from my important data. I image the OS partition once a month or so and do just data backup from the data partition on a regular basis.

Old 01-29-11, 10:00 AM
P
multiple programs

I ask b/c I had Acronis, Macrium and Win 7 B+R. installed when I had a problem requiring a recovery. Acronis and Macrium failed but Win 7 recovered perfectly.
Macrium had always been foolproof until then.
The catastrophic issue dealt with a corrupted system restore and ensuing problems.
I concluded it wise to have more than one program for recovery as they take up such little room.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: