Has anyone tried the DD-WRT firmware upgrade on router

Old 01-29-11, 05:32 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Has anyone tried the DD-WRT firmware upgrade on router

I am thinking of trying the DD-WRT firmware upgrade for my linksys wrt54g router to increase its signal range. Has anyone tried this method? I don't want to brick my router and wind up having to get another on. I read over the procedure but it isn't quite clear to me how to do it. Maybe I need to read through it again. Anyway, just wondered if there was anyone that had actually tried this? thanks

Old 02-01-11, 12:36 PM
A
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
I did a couple of years ago. I found it buggy and switched to Tomato firmware.

It still gives you the option to increase power, etc.

What version WRT54G do you have?

Old 02-01-11, 01:53 PM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I did it too. The method depends on what version router you have. It will say on the label next to the model number. It can be as easy as using the web interface or it could require TFTP.

I am also considering switching to Tomato though, but not due to the quality of DD (the build I have now is rock solid). I don't like the fact that the guy running the show (Brainslayer) is going down the same road as Sveasoft - he is doing it for profit now, which violates GPL and the open source concept, and smacks all the contributing developers in the face.

Old 02-01-11, 04:56 PM
K
thanks a lot. I will check into what you guys refer to as "tomato". you don't have a link do you? thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: