Microphone Problem

Old 02-24-11, 05:24 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Microphone Problem

I have an ASUS Laptop running Win 7 Home Premium. I'm having a problem with my microphone in it. I can't locate where I can shut it off. Everything coming from the onboard speakers sounds like it's in a well. When I plug in headphones, sound just comes from one side. When I plug in external speakers, I can run everyone out of the house with the feedback noise. When I go to the control panel's sound settings, I get a stereo sound from the internal speakers. I know it has to be a setting, but I can't find the setting. Can someone please tell me?????

Old 02-24-11, 08:13 PM
R
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I'll have to double-check this tomorrow when I have my Win7 laptop, but I had the same issue. As I recall, double-clicking on the speaker icon brings up the full Mixer which has a Playback tab to control the mic level and mute. Somewhere (was it under Options?) there's a Recording tab that will turn off the mic altogether.

As for the headphone only working with one side, check to make sure the plug is fully inserted. Make sure the headphones are stereo -- there should be a tip, ring, and sleeve on the plug, not just tip and sleeve. Try it with a different pair of headphones or ear buds to make sure the headphones aren't damaged, and try the "bad" headphones on a known working device.

Old 02-25-11, 01:55 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I have "Realtek HD Audio Manager" on my computer. I clicked on my speaker icon and opened it up. I then opened up the microphone box and started moving the sliders to "0" and clicking the speaker pic and put an X in it. I opened the mike icon and put the boost to 0. Nothing seem to help. I'm still banging my head against the wall.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: