windows live movie maker problem

Old 04-04-11, 04:10 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
windows live movie maker problem

Hello, My daughter made a short movie for a school project on live movie maker. The movie plays fine but she cannot save it so it can be burned to dvd. It starts to save it and gets to 36% complete and stays there. Any ideas?

Old 04-04-11, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator
Received 178 Votes on 144 Posts
You don't say what OS she's using or what version Movie Maker she has.
There is a new version Movie Maker available, which seems to eliminate any problems people are having. Have her d/l that and see if it helps.

Old 04-04-11, 05:46 PM
P
We have Vista and not sure about the version of movie maker (windows live essentials 2011) Where do you find this info? We just updated about 2 weeks ago so it should be the latest version.

Old 04-04-11, 06:16 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
You do have room on the hard drive don't you? It is small enough to fit on a DVD isn't it?

What is the file type? Have you tried converting to a different file type and/or using a different burner program?

My guess is it is some MS proprietary file type. If you can convert it to a standard file type and use a stand alone burner program it would work.

Old 04-04-11, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator
Received 178 Votes on 144 Posts
That is the newest version of Movie Maker. From what I've read, some computers running Vista may not be able to handle the new version well, for various reasons. Was she able to save on the previous version?

Old 04-05-11, 04:43 PM
P
Plenty of hard drive space. Video is only 5 min long. Problem is we can't save it to the hard drive so it can be burned. It saves 36% of it and stops. I'm not real techy when it comes to this stuff but between my daughter and her boyfriend they may have found a way. They put the files onto a jump drive and loaded them into his mac. They tell me it should work now. This is the first time she tried using the program so I don't know if previous ones would have worked.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: