Lenovo laptop earphone jack donīt work

Old 06-11-11, 11:22 AM
Lenovo laptop earphone jack donīt work

I have a lenovo 3000 g530 laptop with windows vista business. Itīs supposed be home basic but it says business. Anyway I plugged in my earphones and nothing happens. the onboard speakers donīt disable and the earphones have no sound coming out. The laptop shows they are plugged in and working but they are not and I know the earphones are good. Whats the issue?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-11, 02:32 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Sure you don't have it plugged into the microphone jack?? Just a question.... and don't plug them in with them attached to your ears I had someone at church who thought they were unplugging their headset to plug into another device, but it was mine and the device was WAO. Goodness, did I drop the headsets??? My bad.

Old 06-11-11, 04:19 PM
Yes they are in the right jack. i even tried both incase there were miss labeled.

Old 06-11-11, 05:25 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Try Fn Sound key(not sure which one it would be on your computer) Just look for the speaker icon in blue on one of the keys on top.

Old 06-11-11, 09:52 PM
Digging around on the internet it might be a bug with vista. When I plug the earphones in the onboard speakers do not disable and there is no sound from the earphones. If I go into the sound menu vista shows the earphones are plugged in and working but they are in fact not working. If i click test the earphones will produce the test sound without the onboard speakers making the sound but that is the only way it works. No one anywhere seams to know a fix for this bug.

Old 06-12-11, 04:09 AM
Just a random thought: The fact that the headphones work during the test tells me it's a software setting. Go into Control Panel/Sound and open the sound card's settings. Some of them have default 3D or Surround options that won't work with headphones.

Old 06-12-11, 12:28 PM
Donīt see any surround sound our 3D sound. Just says microsoft HD audio device and HD HDMI. I even installed SP2 and no change.