Sound not coming out :confused:

Old 06-15-11, 04:01 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sound not coming out :confused:

I was on the computer today and I could not get any sound to come out. It was not muted that I could tell, and it didn't work with speakersw connected, either.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-11, 03:39 AM
Sometimes you have to open the case to let the sound out.

Did you make any changes that may have caused it to stop? New hardware? New software?

Plug in some headphones or ear buds and see if they work. If so, it may be a problem with the speakers. (Is there a volume control on the speakers? Is it up?) Check the speakers by plugging them into an iPod or MP3 player. They won't be very loud, but you should be able to hear something.

Click the speaker icon once and make sure it's not muted, and the volume is up. Double-click the icon and make sure all of the sliders are up -- especially Master and Wave.

Control Panel/Sounds/Audio tab: Make sure Audio Playback has something listed. If not you have a driver issue. If more than one is in the drop down, select one of the others and test again.

Old 06-16-11, 07:35 AM
Control Panel/Sounds/Audio tab: Make sure Audio Playback has something listed. If not you have a driver issue. If more than one is in the drop down, select one of the others and test again
I was playing with something in that area and got it to work again. Thanks!