computer drive repair

Old 01-02-01, 05:56 PM
Many times when I attempt to save a file to a floppy I get the message that the floppy hasn't been formatted inspite of being new floppies and already formatted when purchased. If I take the floppy out and re-insert it at a slight angle I can then save to it. Any ideas on how a DIY can fix this?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-01, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by sandy2000
Many times when I attempt to save a file to a floppy I get the message that the floppy hasn't been formatted inspite of being new floppies and already formatted when purchased. If I take the floppy out and re-insert it at a slight angle I can then save to it. Any ideas on how a DIY can fix this?
Thanks!
questions , does the store bought floppies work perfectly on a floppy in another computer ? There is not a lot you can do with floppy drives. You could try and run a cleaning disk/floppy thru this drive to see if cleaning the heads solves the problem. A new floppy drive costs around 20 to 25 dollars in canada , maybe even cleaper in the US. If you do an unconditional format, that is :
format a:/u
from the dos command prompt, make sure it is format a:/u
and not format c:/u

now with the newly formatted floppy , is there any problem at all , does data you have on this floppy work with no problems on the floppy drives of other computers ? Do you have a history of this problem, or is it a new problem with the last set the blank floppies you just bought ?

Search this Thread