Win CE 6.0 professional plus version - Password reset

Old 10-29-11, 03:30 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Win CE 6.0 professional plus version - Password reset

I bought my son a Sylvania netbook from CVS and he set it up where you need a password to log on to it. And now he can not remember the password now. Is there any way to reset the password or retrieve it.

Old 10-29-11, 03:45 PM
H
I don't have a netbook but I do have Windows 7 which might or might not have the same login help. I know on my Windows 7 computer there is something that will show up that says login help. Ususally it will say password hint and then you can figure out what the exact password is. I know when I set up my computer I set up a password hint so that I would be able to remember my password. So if the password hint is say a favorite football team just help him think who that is. If that doesn't work I have heard of programs that will crack Windows passwords but wouldn't use one unless I was desparate as it could contain malware but there may be one out there that is trustworthy. Good luck to you and please keep us up to date!

Old 10-29-11, 07:04 PM
While ophcrack is probably the best password cracker out there, I don't know if it supports CE. Second of all if there is a safe mode feature try booting into and try to remove the password through the control panel. Third, if everything else fails try backing up his information on there using a live Linux disc (or flash drive) and then restore to factory defaults.

~Spike

Old 10-30-11, 01:11 PM
D
Thank you for trying to help but does not have this feature.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: