How to delete a program

Old 11-04-11, 09:50 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to delete a program

I am trying to delete a program, Imesh. I clicked on the uninstall, in the program, and it didn't take very much of it out. Matter of fact, it is still there, and running causing problems. All thou, when I uninstalled it, there was stuff sent to the trash bin. If it is any help, I was looking for a song, and I got that instead. Now it is messing with my browser when I try searching for things.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-11, 05:16 AM
Yeah, that one's a bear. Once installed, it doesn't want to go away. Can you restore the computer to a time just before you installed the program?

It's always a good idea to create a restore point before you install any programs.

Old 11-05-11, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by Rick Johnston View Post
Yeah, that one's a bear. Once installed, it doesn't want to go away. Can you restore the computer to a time just before you installed the program?

It's always a good idea to create a restore point before you install any programs.
No Rick, I can't. It wasn't suppose to be a program. It was just suppose to have been, just a ring tone for my cell phone.

Old 11-05-11, 02:51 PM
Hi Edward074 I found an uninstaller program on PCWorlds website called Revo Uninstaller. It seems like I have heard about this somewhere as being good but I have never used it myself. Here is a link to the download and review page Revo Uninstaller Pro description, Uninstallers Downloads List By 30 Day Change | PCWorld | PCWorld. Once there take a look at the reviews of the other software under the Revo review by a PcWorld editor. You might also want to look up Malware bytes and download that as it looks like you picked up a virus or Trojan horse which is hard to get rid of.
One thing I would suggest is to stick with your cell phone provider for ring tones. With my provider the one time I added a ringtone I listened to it on my providers website and paid for it and then instructed them to download it into my phone via the carriers cell service rather than through my computer. I would much rather have something go wrong with my phone than my computer as I rely on my computer every day and my cell phone only once in a while. If this did happen to happen on the providers website you should let them know that you ran into problems so that they can correct the problem. Good luck to you!

Old 11-05-11, 08:16 PM
Go here and download Hijack This 2.0.4 to your pc. This will show anything that has hijacked your browser. Which is what sounds to me like happened. Run a scan and save a log file and post the results back here.

Jim

Old 11-07-11, 12:46 PM
Thanks, for all the replies. I was hopping for some simple quick fix. This looks like could get in over my head, and make things worse. I think I will better off, paying the fifty bucks, and getting my annual clean out, and tune up.