Dell Latitude/D620

Old 12-04-11, 12:55 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Dell Latitude/D620

I keep my lap top on the side of the couch when not in use. Yesterday, when I set it beside the couch, it started to make a jingling sound, I believe the cooling fan is on it way out. I haven't opened it yet, I am not even sure how to get into it. And if it is the fan, is it something can change my self.

Old 12-04-11, 03:27 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hi Edward074 I don't really believe the D620 is much different from the D600 which I have had open a few times to clean dust out of the laptop and there were some I was working on to sell on e-bay eventually. I am going to send you to an instruction page that Dell has but I will give you a start first so you can look your fan over. At the top of the laptop where it says Latitude look to the far right close to the screen you will see a small depression there. You need to carefully lift that small cover up with a very small screw driver. Don't push the screw driver in too far or you could damage your laptop. Once you have that off you will need to take the keyboard off. You will see two screws unfasten each and set those aside where they will not get lost. You should be able to see your fan now on the left of the laptop but it will be blocked by a long heat sink you need to unscrew that and carefully put it aside and then you will be able to look your fan over. Remember though to first remove the laptops battery and the power supply/charger wire. Here is Dells link Documentation . As for parts you can probably find them on e-bay and the fan is about the easiest to replace or I did find another source here is the link Dell Latitude D620 fans Dell Latitude D620 Laptop Repair Parts . It seems like I have heard of them before but I am just not sure so I don't really know anything about their reputation but from what little I saw from doing my search for you this looks like a good company. Hopefully it will just be a little bit of crud on the fan and it will not need replacing. You might want to use a bit of compressed air to clean things up a bit but be careful not to take too many things apart and just clean it out where you can. I mention that as I went a bit too far on one of my laptops and now it doesn't work. Good luck to you!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: