New Free Browser

Old 12-04-11, 06:55 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New Free Browser

Hi I just wanted to let everyone know here about a really great new browser that was free. As a matter of fact I am using it now it is called Comodo Dragon and I found out about it from an informational pop-up from my Comdo Firewall and downloaded it from there. Here is a link to the download page Dragon Internet Browser ? Comodo Dragon Web Browser .
The Pros it according to Comodo is based on the Chrome browser but has some security measures added to it that make using it safer. From personal experience I know it can tell you a great deal of information about a websites security measures and warn you if it is unsafe if you scan the page with its scanner. It is much faster loading than Internet Explorer or Firefox in loading and videos will work better with this browser.
The Cons it is hard to find bookmarked items so getting to a web page that you have bookmarked already is a bit frustrating. Word wrap doesn't seem to work like it should so words can look like they are being taken apart rather than going to the next line but don't worry once it posts it will look great. Still it is a bit annoying but not a big deal either. So I hope everyone will check this new browser out.

Old 12-05-11, 05:58 PM
I tried it a little over a year ago when updating other comodo products. Maybe I am just stuck on firefox because of familiarity, but I didn't much care for it. Might check it out again to see if they revamped it though.

Old 12-05-11, 06:16 PM
Ya know...

I was getting my daily dose of geek news from /. and I stumbled upon an interesting fact about this very browser. Evidently with this browser you can actually set it up to where you use your ISP's DNS servers for everything else, while Dragon can be set up so that it will use Comodo's secure DNS servers. Therefore, even if your ISP's DNS servers go down you would still be able to access websites, plus they would be sites that have been determined secure from Comodo. Also it would not interfere with anything that needs to have your ISP's DNS servers.

Old 12-05-11, 06:35 PM
H
I Agree with you Spikester about this browser needing some work. For some things IE is definitely better that is especially for bookmarks as I said. So maybe they will do an update and resolve those issues. For a relatively new browser though it isn't too bad though.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: