USB Wireless Adapter Problem

Old 12-11-11, 09:33 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
USB Wireless Adapter Problem

Have a TP-Link wireless USB adapter model number TL-WN722N and am trying to install it on windows xp however am having trouble. When I plug the adapter into the USB port windows doesn't recognize it. I have installed the wireless client software that came with it however it won't install the driver for it for some reason. If someone can tell me how to manually install the driver it would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-11, 01:03 PM
Group Moderator
Received 175 Votes on 157 Posts
Does windows see that it is connected to the computer? Look in the device manager and see if it is there.

Old 12-11-11, 02:12 PM
N
I checked the device manager and it doesn't detect that the wireless adapter is there. Any other suggestions?

Old 12-11-11, 03:24 PM
Group Moderator
Received 175 Votes on 157 Posts
I suggest trying a different USB port. Windows should at least detect that it is connected to the computer, even if it does not know what it is. It may not show up as a wireless device. It may only show up as an unknown device.

This might be of help: How do I install TP-LINK wireless adapter manually in Windows XP - Welcome to TP-LINK

Old 12-11-11, 06:42 PM
H
Did you plug your wireless device in first and then install the software? Windows can be real picky about the order of things and I found out the hard way when I installed a printer once in the wrong order by accident once when I was tired. Once I uninstalled the software and re-installed it everything was fine. So that could possibly be the problem. Good luck to you!

Old 12-13-11, 10:26 AM
B
Is it disabled in computer Management?

The wifi serivce is not disabled in computer management is it? Right click on "My Computer" icon and select "Management" then select "Services and Management" When right column populates check your wifi applications.

bs5

Old 12-21-11, 07:20 PM
D
It might need a powered USB port. Try connecting it through a self powered USB hub.

Originally Posted by niceguy4u36 View Post
I checked the device manager and it doesn't detect that the wireless adapter is there. Any other suggestions?