Can I use this Ram in older computer??

Old 01-08-12, 05:57 PM
K
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Can I use this Ram in older computer??

I want to upgrade the ram in a seniors computer that I know. They have an old - Compaq Presario 7000 Series Model 7000US. Crucial list the ram needed is Memory Type: SDRAM, PC133, SDRAM (non-ECC). I have some SDRAM but it is PC2100. Can I put 2 stick of this in and have it work. He only have 256mb of ram now and I can't even upgrade the antivirus because of it having so low of ram. Thanks.

Old 01-08-12, 06:32 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
No don't use that memory it might damage the computer. What it has in it already is a bit faster than what my source for memory says it should have but I didn't find the exact model either I found memory for the model 7000 but not 7000US. Still though it is not that far out but PC2100 definitely will not work. Here though is what I found from Data Memory Systems click on this link Compaq Memory - Presario 7000 Memory Upgrades . Tomorrow during their working hours you can chat with them and they will tell you exactly what you need or you can give them a call as they have a toll free number and they can best advise you. On this page if it is the exact right page the most expensive memory they have is $13.50 and much cheaper than most places. They can also advise you as to maximum memory the computer can take. Once you use the link you will see their phone number and chat area to click on. I have bought many times from them their memory is guaranteed for life so you can return it any time. Good luck to you!

Old 01-09-12, 08:07 AM
K
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
thanks a lot. great response and help. much appreciated.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: