using games and napster with midpoint lite

Old 01-12-01, 09:39 PM
Visiting Guest
I currently have a home network utilizing midpoint lite which allows all of my computers to use the internet at the same time over a dsl line. From the "server" I can use napster and play cd rom games over the internet; however I can do neither of these from any of the other computers. One of the games I have tried to play is Diablo II. I most likely need to change some sort of setting in midpoint lite but don't know which ones or what to set them to.
Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-01, 03:28 PM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Never heard of the software you mention here. Why use a stand alone? I use the "Client foe Microsoft" on my networked cable modem. If your software has the ability, make sure "Internet sharing" is on and "File sharing" U will have to have Napster loaded on each machine to get it to run. At least with Client...

Old 01-15-01, 07:15 PM
Visiting Guest
internet sharing

Originally posted by bigmike
Never heard of the software you mention here. Why use a stand alone? I use the "Client foe Microsoft" on my networked cable modem. If your software has the ability, make sure "Internet sharing" is on and "File sharing" U will have to have Napster loaded on each machine to get it to run. At least with Client...
I already have fial sharing but do not know how to enable internet sharing. Currently I am using windows 98.

Old 01-15-01, 07:42 PM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool

You will have to load up Client for Microsoft in order to get internet sharing to work. From <Properties> in Network Neighbrhood <ADD> client. This will give you access to Internet sharing.