Problems Updating Firefox

Old 01-11-12, 02:09 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Problems Updating Firefox

Not sure why I keep getting this message on the Firefox Welcome screen but when I start it on my Windows 7 desktop it keeps saying you are not using the latest version of Firefox. I have updated it twice and even ran the update program as an administrator but the same message keeps coming up. The program runs fine but keeps showing that it wasn't updated. Anybody else have that same problem? By the way I have Firefox on my Windows XP laptop without any problems. Thank for your help!

Old 01-11-12, 02:31 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
what version of firefox are you running on Windows 7? (help menu / about firefox)

Mine is 9.0.1

Old 01-11-12, 06:39 PM
H
I just checked on both my Windows 7 computer and my Windows XP computer and both say they have version 9.0.1 just like what you have Xsleeper. Only difference is when the main search page shows up which I kept as the default start page on both computers Windows 7 says I am not running the latest Firefox and Windows XP doesn't show that message. Now when I look at help and about Firefox both my laptop and my desktop say that I have the latest version. Really weird otherwise as I said it works fine it just has that annoying false message show up. I really can't figure that out maybe I will scan for viruses although I don't think there are any. Maybe they just made a mistake in their programming for Windows 7.

Old 01-11-12, 06:45 PM
C
i dumped firefox years ago. i use google chrome now

Old 01-12-12, 04:02 AM
R
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
It only takes a few minutes to uninstall and reinstall FF. Before you uninstall, download the latest version from mozilla.org. Backup the Bookmarks and make sure you know the passwords to your sites.

Old 01-12-12, 03:45 PM
H
Thanks everyone for your help I had run the update as an administrator yesterday and today I looked at it and it was fine no problems at all. I also ran a scan of my system and let my computer run for several hours on its own as I did other things and everything was o.k. after the scan. Maybe it had something to do with Mozillas servers and the way it was communicating back. I will though uninstall and then re-install the software Rick as you suggest if I have further problems. I wish everyone a nice day!

Old 01-30-12, 06:34 PM
H
I thought everything was fixed with Firefox but apparently not as the same message is there at start up of Fire Fox and I did uninstall and then re-install Fire Fox as you suggested Rick and no luck. I probably will let the Mozilla folks know about the problem though. Not really a big problem as the browser functions like it should it just has that annoying message at start up. It was funny because after my anti-virus did its scan it disappeared for at least a while. Anyway I thought I would update this and see if anyone had solved a similar problem.

Old 01-31-12, 03:47 PM
H
Guess what everyone now the message is gone again. Hopefully it stays gone.

Old 02-03-12, 02:56 AM
H
Thought I would update anyone who looks at this. I did have the message reappear but Mozillas information page said something about resetting the home page to default which is what I did and I am happy to report that that finally fixed the problem. So anyone who reads this and has Windows 7 that is all you need to do. Afterwards you can navigate back to whatever extra website you might have as a home page and save that too.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: