Replacing Case fan

Old 02-06-12, 07:31 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 4 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Replacing Case fan

Help me help my dad, please...

My dad has a custom built pc. This machine has 3 fans: The fan for the CPU, the fan for the power unit, and a fan that provides additional ventilation to the case. This 3rd fan has a problem (sounds like a bearing is going out in the motor) and needs to be replaced.

The fan in question is a Martech DC Brushless Fan, model #DF0922512SELN

I don't think I will have a problem switching it out (in fact, I already have it removed without any problems), but my question is about the replacement.

When looking for a replacement, do I need to look for the exact same make and model, or is this stuff fairly generic?

Old 02-06-12, 07:47 AM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Just measure the size and look for ones with ball bearings.

or is this stuff fairly generic?
That is the nice thing about a custom built or home built no freak proprietary compoenents that have to be bought at outrageous prices from the computer manufacturer.

Old 02-06-12, 03:51 PM
N
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
As posted, the fans are generic but make sure the connector is the same type.

The link (below) is a great source for all computer parts:

Newegg.com - Computer Case Fans

You may also want to pop the front panal and add a fan to cool the hard disk drives

Old 02-06-12, 08:45 PM
H
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I agree finding a fan for a home built computer is easier than finding one for most manufactured ones although case fans are usually easy to find for those too. Just when you do though look for the ones that are rated higher on Newegg or anywhere. I like Cooler Master fans myself but just about any fan will do just as well, as was noted by Ray2047 the ones with ball bearings are better.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: