hp laserjet 3150 printer + Ubuntu 11.10

Old 02-08-12, 07:47 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
hp laserjet 3150 printer + Ubuntu 11.10

Hi,

I hooked up a Hewllett Packard LaserJet 3150 printer to my desktop computer. The indication on my computer is that it sees the hp laserjet 3150 printer and it prints to it. But when I tried to print it gave the message that it was printing and also another message, a few seconds later, that it has completed printing. But it did not print.

I am using Firefox browser with Linux Ubuntu 11.10 operating system.
The Hp LaserJet 3150 printer is in working condition. ( I just removed it from an older computer with older - Windows98 - operating system that I use mainly for printing. }

I suspect that there may be some software misunderstanding.
Should I download HPLIP to my computer?
What do you you think is the problem, and what shouild I do?
Thank you.
Ghelp

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-12, 08:57 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I would first try to print a test page from the printers program. If this does not work and nothing prints try running the troubleshooter. There may be a place in the printer program to update to the latest driver for that printer. If not go to HP website and download the latest driver for that printer.

Old 02-08-12, 09:11 AM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Badeyeben, he is on Linux he needs to use Cups and software within his repository if possible.

Ghelp, have you tried using the printer setup in Umbuntu? If that failed make sure you have CUPs installed from the repository then using your browser go to http://localhost:631/ and try setting up your printer from there. Forum software doesn't parse the local host addy correctly so you will need to cut and paste to your browser