Photo delete issue help

Old 03-26-12, 12:55 PM
Photo delete issue help

Windows Xp.
I uploaded 18 pics. from my camera to "my picture" folder,and when i opened the folder there were multiples of all the pics.. So many of each pic it will take me forever to delete them all one at a time.

How can i delete so many pics. quickly?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-12, 01:04 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes Received: 2
Hold down Ctl and left click on all the pix you want gone, then hit delete. I would do about 20 at a time to make sure it is working like you want it to.

Old 03-26-12, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator
Or take a copy of each one you want to keep and copy them to a different folder temporarily...then select all remaining and delete.

You can also change the view and sort by date, name or time. I find that to be easier sometimes than to use the thumbnail view.

Old 03-26-12, 01:40 PM
Thanks for your replies.

I just started to delete as you both suggested and after about 10 minutes
i checked "my picture" folder and it just shows multiple of the original pictures i uploaded.
The original folder had 18 pics. in it,now when i open my "picture folder" file i
have around 75 pics. of each original pic.

Should i delete the original uploaded pic. file?

Old 03-26-12, 08:33 PM
I think whether you delete the original picture file is up to you. For instance sometimes I work with a picture and then I don't like the way I cropped the picture or some other change. If I don't keep an original copy somewhere either on the computer or the camera then I am in trouble. I also usually let Windows native uploader do the uploading rather than the cameras software as then I can just uncheck which pictures I don't want and keep those I want uploaded to the computer. Camera software doesn't always have that option like the Windows program does. If you uncheck the pictures you don't want each time then you will not be overloaded with pictures.

Old 03-27-12, 08:54 AM
I have the pics. i want to save still on the camera,however those pictures,some 20 of them,show individually each in their own folder window
repeatedly some 30-40 times.

I tried deleting them individually,but there are several hundred of them that somehow got uploaded to "my picture" folder that has pic. folders i want to keep.

Obviously,I'm a amateur here

Old 03-27-12, 12:54 PM
Eureka !!!!!

Finally was able to delete some 200 copies of each pic. of the 25 originals. pics for each.

Basically,what i did was to hold down the shift button while left clicking on the mouse beginning of the row with the pics. in them. It so happened that other rows were highlighted also,so i just clicked delete, and they were gone!!

Still don't know how that happened originally.

Thanks folks for taking the time to help me.

daswede