Erunt

Old 05-15-12, 08:10 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Erunt

Hello
Has anyone used this program successfully with Win 7 x 64?
I have read the authors caveats and viewed tuorials but there is a mixed bag of opinions as to whether it works with Win 7.
I know it mentions turning the UAC off and to rt click and run as admin but this still seems to leave loose ends.
If it is working for your Win 7 please drop a few hints to run automatically not with mechanical backups.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-12, 07:49 PM
Group Moderator
Received 33 Votes on 29 Posts
IS it made for Win 7? If not you can emulate an earlier version of windows. I recently installed a older game that was made pre XP but I knew it ran on it. Did the XP virtualization and away I went.

Old 05-16-12, 01:37 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hi Peterr
I read the same page you did and personally think you should wait until the software is updated. It isn't a bad idea really and the software could theoretically solve some problems but it might also cause problems. You could probably install it fine but afterwards regret it until some of the problems are solved. It's up to you of course but I wouldn't install it.

Old 05-17-12, 11:42 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ERUNT will work with Win7 32 or 64bit - but there are several setup issues.

1. The folder used to store the registry backups must be relocated - as the original location inside the Windows folder is now a UAC write-protected folder.
2. The automated backups must now be configured via the Task Scheduler - the original method via a shortcut in the Startup folder is now blocked for securty reasons.
3. All instances of ERUNT or AUTOBACK must be set to run with full Administrator rights.

I am a computer support engineer and install ERUNT on all the systems I configure - so have installed on most versions of Windows over the past 8 years.

My install notes for ERUNT are posted on-line at the following location http://www.stargateuk.info/upload/ERUNT_Tweaks_Win7.txt