Can I block someone on Facebook w/o them knowing?

Old 07-01-12, 04:30 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Can I block someone on Facebook w/o them knowing?

My wife has a family member that she is friends with on Facebook. She friended them a long time ago but now they are posting a lot of stuff that she would rather not see. Is there a way to just block posts from them w/o unfiending them? If shes unfriend them it will cause a lot of family problems that she would also rather not deal with. She is ill and doesn't need the added stress of that. Thanks for any help that you can provide.

Old 07-01-12, 04:42 AM
W
You can hide them, which will hide stuff they post. I think if you right click on their name, that option will come up.

I've done this with my niece and a few others who seem to live on FB and feel it necessary to let the world know every time they have an important event like a glass of water...

Old 07-01-12, 04:52 AM
K
I will look at that option. I have also found a place on her friends list where you can uncheck "show in newsfeeds". Will just unchecking this solve the problem?

Old 07-01-12, 04:59 AM
W
I think that could work as well, and you're right it can rather harmlessly make your life easier without causing an uproar with families or friends.

Just don't get caught if you meet them in person and they ask if you saw 'that thing' they put up on FB and you have no clue what they're talking about.

Old 07-01-12, 06:51 AM
R
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
There is also an option to show only "important" posts. I've had to do this with several musicians who post about their upcoming gigs 20 times a day. I don't know how, but FB seems to know which are "important".

Old 07-01-12, 10:09 PM
H
I had to block most of what my niece was posting as she was doing things I didn't like. It's been way over a month now but I think to the right of the friends picture be it a family member or friend there is a way to stop updates and other things without actually unfriending the person. So if you don't want to see photos from that person you uncheck that too. Like you I didn't want to hurt my niece but wasn't interested in her problems either. She can still send me messages and I can send her messages but that is the extent of it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: