Graphics Tablets

Old 09-05-12, 10:00 PM
Graphics Tablets

I was recently reminded about graphics tablets and heard just a bit about them but not much recently. I like retouching photos and I really think a graphics tablet might help.
If I bought one though I wouldn't want anything huge I have limited space and I wouldn't mind if it was tethered to my computer via a usb port. Also cost is an issue I don't have unlimited funds. I am also not talking about the Apple Ipad or the Amazon Kindle or the Barnes and Noble Nook as great as I think they are they are not what I would want.
So far I have heard of a company called Wacom that makes these but I know there are others out there and I am interested in the pros and cons of all of them and your opinion on which is best. Not sure exactly where to buy these as I haven't looked too much. Thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-12, 10:14 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I bought one for my mom last Christmas to make it easier for her to use Photoshop.. I'm pretty sure it was a Wacom. Bamboo I think? I'll have to call her and ask what it was.. But she loves it. It works great for her. I think it was around $100, and it's about the size of a sheet of paper.

Old 09-05-12, 10:35 PM
Great Matt thank you very much I really appreciate that. As I said I think this will be much easier than using a mouse to fix a photo. No artist by any means but at least I think it will help. The price sounds great too. Thanks again! If you think of other brands you might have looked at please post that too.

Old 09-06-12, 12:36 PM
I didn't really do research on that, I cheated and deferred to my friend at Micro Center. I knew he had one that he liked (and he does a lot of graphics) so I just asked him to pick one up for me..

But yeah it is a Wacom Bamboo "Fun".

Old 09-06-12, 03:39 PM
That is o.k.at least it gives me a starting point. Not looking really seriously for it yet anyway but having heard about one again kind of got me interested. I thank you very much though for all your efforts. Maybe someone else has used them. Anyway thanks again!

Old 09-07-12, 02:35 AM
Is this sort of like the Auto Cad Ouija board type thing? A friend of mine has a pad where his keyboard normally would be in front of his PC. He uses a wireless mouse that looks like a Ouija board with a single button. Once he passes over what he wants to display (which is on the pad) he just clicks on it and it appears. I have had no experience with it, just thought I'd throw it out to see if I was on the same track.

Old 09-07-12, 03:36 AM
More like an old PDA Larry than anything else only on a bigger scale than that. JerseyMatt mentioned a small tablet but they make big huge monsters too that you can use. The only brand I know of so far is Wacom and other than today I had only visited their website once here is their link http:Interactive Pen Displays and Tablets | Wacom Americas. They are fairly neat things for editing photos and doing touch ups. You can also use them to do free hand art too so they can be used for a great deal of things. I am just now learning about them and want to learn more. I had only barely heard mention of them several years ago and hadn't thought much about them until hearing about them again. I have done some retouching of photos with a mouse but it is real hard to do. I think this will be easier. I have heard of other brands but don't know their names.