Hard drive installation

Old 09-26-12, 03:04 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hard drive installation

I will purchase an Agility Hard Drive and would like to install it. Is that difficult to do ? More importantly, is there a lot of programing once it's installed or does it pretty much take care of things itself. I have a desktop and my computer knowledge is average.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-12, 03:52 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I had never heard of Agility hard drives before and did a quick search. I assume that Agility makes only solid state hard drives. As far as solid state drives are concerned most if not all of the newer motherboards will take a solid state drive with no problem at all. However some older motherboards have a problem communicating with the drive as their chipset is not advanced enough. Newer motherboards really should be able to communicate with the drive but just to be sure check with the motherboard manufacturer first. The motherboard manufacturer should have a list of approved items that are known to work and if they say solid state drives will work then any brand should work even if your brand is not on the list. The lists are not kept current though so when in doubt still e-mail them and ask.
If you get the green light then go ahead and install that hard drive the same way you would any other hard drive. It depends a great deal on the case it goes in as some use screws and others brackets. Once secured put your Windows 7 disk in your CD-Rom drive and then let Windows take over from there. I would however not use Windows XP on an SSD drive it can be done but Windows XP doesn't handle SSD drives as well from all of the reading I have done on the subject. Good luck to you and welcome to the forum!