Vista Explorer View

Old 11-11-12, 10:19 AM
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
Vista Explorer View

I have not been able to find out a command or utility which will set ALL the files / folders on the explorer window to what I want.

From the Tools menu I choose Folder Options, the I select Apply to all Folders plus I check the "Remember each Folders view Settings" but that doesn't work for ALL Folders.

Anyone knows how to permanently set this including the columns width?

Old 11-12-12, 05:32 PM
Z
Received 124 Upvotes on 115 Posts
Hi kolias –

I haven’t played with VIEW much. (I just use a very narrow set of options.). It seems that area is a mess.

I made changes to the DOCUMENTS folder then selected APPLY TO FOLDERS and some of the sub-folders have the changes and some don’t.

For example here is a test I ran:

1. Open the DOCUMENTS folder
2. Right Click in the column heading
3. Choose MORE
4. Highlight (select) NAME
5. At bottom change “Width of selected column (in pixels)” to 327

You now get the NAME column set at 327 pixels. If I do APPLY TO FOLDERS I do in fact get the NAME column set to 327 for most – but NOT ALL sub-folders.

I have no idea what’s going on? I don’t spend much time because I’ve seen a lot of bugs in Vista. Below is a link to an old article. I just skimmed it and didn’t read it thoroughly.

(I’ve spent decades finding bugs, and I never feel like chasing Windows bugs. LOL Besides, without source code you can only do so much through inference. I just don’t use the options that are buggy.LOL)

Delete and Reset Windows Vista Folder Views or Folder Types Settings to Default Clean State « My Digital Life

Old 11-12-12, 06:02 PM
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
Thank you zoesdad for your help

The link you provided is helpful but I will not try the registry hack yet as I have most of my folders set right and dont want to reset them for now. Perhaps latter

Much appreciate your time

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: