Team Viewer Problems?

Old 11-16-12, 08:30 AM
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
Team Viewer Problems?

Anyone has a problem with this free software?

I install it a few weeks back to communicate with a friend and the next day when I opened my laptop I got the blue screen of death saying that windows run into unexpected problem and need to re install and so I did just that.

Yesterday I had to re install Teamviewer again to communicate with the same friend and this morning again I got the same problem. But now thinking fast I thought that Teamviewer may be the real problem and so I boot to safe mode, uninstall Teamviewer and now all is fine, without re installing Vista.

Old 11-16-12, 02:32 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I don't have Team Viewer but seem to remember you mentioning that software so you could fix problems remotely. I did some investigating though and it appears that there are several versions of the software according to another forum I looked at. I would check the version you downloaded and make sure you have a direct connection to a high speed internet connection when you do try another download of the software since the first download may be corrupted. To prevent another occurrence again of corrupted software make sure you watch the download as even at high speeds large programs will usually take about five minutes to download and if it takes less than that you probably have a corrupted version.
Unless though you need this for work I wouldn't bother downloading it as you can connect between two Windows computers using certain protocols that Windows requires. It might take a little longer but requires nothing real special.

Old 11-16-12, 03:12 PM
I downloaded from the Teamviewer site and dont believe its the download because I did it about 2 weeks appart for each download and its unlikely both downloads were corrupt. Its not a large download and both times I use it with a friend to discuss CAD/CAM software issues for about 2 hrs each time with no problem. If the download was corrupt I think I should have not been able to use it.
Thanks for the info

Old 11-16-12, 06:36 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You are right it is very unlikely it is a corrupted version since it works at least some of the time. Was this the last thing you downloaded or did you download other software after Teamviewer? If you did then maybe you picked up a virus or trojan horse program. If you don't already have it I suggest you download one more program and that is Super Anti Spyware you can get the free edition here SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!. I myself don't run it every week but I think it is a good idea to run it at least once a week. Once you do you might get rid of your problem.
If you still have a problem run CHKDSK on Windows Vista here is another link from Ehow that explains how to run CHKDSK How to Run Chkdsk Utility on Vista | eHow.com . I don't have Vista myself but do have Windows XP and Windows 7 which both do things a bit differently. CHKDSK has fixed many of my windows issues when no virus was present. Sometimes even with good programs the registry becomes slightly corrupted and CHKDSK will help resolve most registry problems and fix other errors too.

Old 11-16-12, 07:29 PM
As I explained hedgeclippers I removed the Teamviewer after I went to safe mode and all is fine now. I was just asking if anyone had similar experience with Teamviewer / Vista

Old 11-17-12, 05:59 AM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 422 Upvotes on 375 Posts
I haven't heard of any issues with TV, but it could always be interacting poorly with video drivers or something similar. My first guess would be to upgrade your video drivers.

After that, if you're still having issues, you may want to contact their support and see if they can help:
TeamViewer Support

Old 11-17-12, 06:25 AM
Thank you Zorfdt, I agree that it must be a driver or perhaps a memory location problem. But I'm surprised because my friend on the other end he also has Vista and never had a problem. Perhaps its my Dell Inspiron 6400 configuration. No need to contact TM support, I just will not use it again

I just post this thread out of curiosity to see if others had similar problems

Old 11-17-12, 10:57 AM
Z
Received 124 Upvotes on 115 Posts
... Perhaps its my Dell Inspiron 6400 configuration
In my opinion that’s a real good guess kolias. A software design goal is to be general enough to be blind to configuration variations unless absolutely necessary. But it sometimes doesn’t turn out that way.

I remember once chasing a problem where the system had a multitude of terminals for inputting messages. You could enter a rare message type “X” from this terminal and it was processed properly. Enter it from the terminal right next to it, and the system behaved improperly. Yet the terminals and message were identical.

Also, just randomly pick out terminals (all identical) and half the time the message “X” was processed correctly, the other half of the time the process failed.

The answer: inputting the message type “X” from an odd number input terminal address vs. an even number address. (An unbelievable subtle addressing bug in the driver which was message and terminal dependent, and infrequently hit.)

And I would think your problem could also involve your partner’s configuration since TV is aware of both ends at the same time.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: