mouse with 2 monitors

Old 11-27-12, 08:01 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 103 Votes on 89 Posts
mouse with 2 monitors

I just changed from two older monitors in a dual screen mode to newer ones. Both monitors have a display, but my mouse is not scrolling to the second monitor. Can someone please tell me how to fix this. I did not have this with the initial setup.

Old 11-27-12, 11:24 AM
N
Received 18 Votes on 16 Posts
I am guessing you have your monitors backwards on your desk.
If you are using windows XP, right click on your background and select Properties.
When the property window appears, click on the tab labeled "Settings".
You should now see a box with two boxes labeled "1" and "2". Near the bottom of the window, there is a button labeled "Identify". Click it and the numbers "1" and "2" should appear in the middle of your screens. Did the numbers that popped up on your monitors match the orientation of the two numbered boxes above the "Identify button?

Windows7, right click on your background and select "Screen Resolution.
You should see a picture that looks like two monitors with the numbers "1" and "2" listed on them. Same as with windows XP, click the "Identify" button (beside the picture of the screens) and confirm the monitors are oriented in the same fashion.

With both cases, you can drag the images of the monitors around the box to orient them in the same fashion as your physical screens. Even easier would be to swap the physical monitors.

Does that make sense?

Old 11-28-12, 06:20 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Try checking the box that says to extend your windows desktop on to this monitor, when you have the 2nd monitor (whatever monitor is not showing the mouse). That should fix that.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: