video issue

Old 12-02-12, 03:07 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
video issue

Hello
I burned a dvd of my Flip camera's MP4 files and the video ran nice at my house. I brought it to my daughter's house and each file played then stopped
She had to play a file at a time.
I have Win 7 and shae has Win 8. Is there something she can do to played the whole video as I do at home?
I noticed she clicked on Computer and all the files appeared. There was no autoplay.
Thank you
Peter

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-12, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hi Peterr Windows 8 is very new so my advice might or might not work. That being said though I know Windows has been bad about being able to play MP4 files. I read on another forum that the "kind" folks at Microsoft thought it would be nice to strip most video drivers from Windows 8. One thing though that I think should work though is VLC Media Player you can download the latest version here VideoLAN - VLC 1.1.8 release . Windows XP was never written for MP4 video and this program allows Windows XP to play MP4's so I am sure it should work on Windows 8. Unlike Windows VLC Media Player is free and is always being updated so they should have a version that will work with Windows 8. If your daughter has more problems let me know and I will look into the program and do more research as time permits.

Old 12-03-12, 05:52 AM
videos

Hello
WMP will not handle MP4 raw files but once burned can play them.
I used my laptop and although Win 7 did the following; open the files, click organize, rt click the files and click play. At first it balked saying it could not find the file assoc but then it played well after repeatin.
I will try this on my daughter's next weekend and let you know.
Even going from desktop to laptop made caused an issue which I overcame so we will see.
Is there a way to change the playing speed?
Thank you

Old 12-03-12, 02:14 PM
Hello peterr I had that same problem with WMP I was doing a survey I think that required video and it said Windows Media Player cannot play this file should Windows look for software that will play that? So I said yes and that is how I knew about it. When I found out it was freeware that made me really happy and as I said I have been happy with it since. As to the speed of the video and how fast it plays I am afraid there is no adjustment but you can play it again. Have a nice day peterr!

Old 12-03-12, 03:09 PM
video

Yes, I am glad WMP works for us. I hope it works for my daughter.

Old 12-04-12, 05:17 PM
Me too let me know how it works for you this weekend.