HP Officejet Pro 8500A

Old 12-03-12, 07:39 PM
Angry HP Officejet Pro 8500A

My home network is really giving me fits!!! My wife and I have twin HP computers with the only difference being hers has Win 7 Home Premium while I'm running Win 7 Pro. We both use FireFox and IE. I have a HP All-In-One that will only print from her computer. It's all connected hard wired through my router with an Ethernet cable. Using the command prompt to ping, everything shows it's all connected. It will not print at all. Do any of you guys have some ideas I can try??

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-12, 09:19 PM
Hi Dinky I too have two Windows 7 desktops and I also have a couple of Windows XP laptops that I can use to network to each other. In my house my printer is downstairs so when I want to print from my Windows XP laptop to my Windows 7 desktop that has the printer I look in network connections and then my network places to view work group computers and then I log in and use the printer on my desktop.
For Windows 7 it is a bit different between two computers in a household that I personally don't use between my two Windows 7 desktops as one is for work and the other connected to my front room tv and used for Netflix and other online video. So since I haven't used this feature in the same way you would I looked it up to remind myself. Here is a link to a PcWorld article A Guide to Windows 7 Networking | PCWorld . If that doesn't work then you could just try logging in the way I do and just use your password for your wife's computer. Make sure when you do log in either the old fashioned way or between the two Windows 7 computers the Windows 7 way that the printer is a shared resource. To make it a shared resource right click on the printer icon and you should see sharing just click on sharing to allow the printer to be shared. Windows will then ask some simple questions and then you can use the printer networked.

Old 12-04-12, 06:32 AM
Temporarily Suspended
It's either a driver problem or a permissions problem. Look at the event viewer for more clues. Do you get an error message?

Old 12-04-12, 07:03 AM
Do you have the printer control software installed on all computers?

Old 12-04-12, 04:41 PM
Pulpo and Toolmon bring up good points you really do need the printer driver on each computer even if it isn't directly connected. I wish I had mentioned that earlier I have had a cold and haven't been quite up to par. So thanks guys for mentioning it! If you have the driver on each computer and then set up sharing you shouldn't have any problems. Let us know if you do run into problems and we will try to help you dinky.

Old 12-06-12, 06:50 AM
Sorry for not getting back sooner. I lost internet service for the last two days, and I'm finally back on. It seems my U-Verse modem went South. Since I didn't internet, I've played around trying to get it to work. The thing that's bothering me is that I can ping to the all-in-one, and it's showing I've a connection.