iTunes on new PC

Old 01-21-13, 09:18 AM
Group Moderator
iTunes on new PC

Just built my first PC over the weekend and I have a small SSD for the OS (Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium) and program files and then a 7200 RPM HD for data. Hence, iTunes is installed on the C drive but the music files are on the D drive.

Took a while but all of my music is now showing up in iTunes. However, when I plug the iPod into the PC, no sync occurs. I know iTunes does actually see the iPod, as it displays within iTunes that it's hooked up but I'm used to the iPod updating iTunes with the number of times played and last played for each song and that is not occurring. The only function I can find which involves the iPod is to "transfer purchased from iPod" but this made no changes I can see. Best description I can give is that it's like iTunes sees the iPod and knows it's an iPod but doesn't know it's the one synced to this library.

Any thoughts what I missed in the setup?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-13, 12:04 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Someone in another forum said to shut the power on the iPod & restart it, while it's connected, to the computer.

Old 01-21-13, 01:35 PM
Group Moderator
I can give that a shot tonight. Thanks.

Old 01-21-13, 02:37 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
In iTunes, click on the iPod and ensure that its' configured to sync music and such. By default, it may not be syncing. It'll just be a check box (i don't recall exactly where since iTunes 11 changed some things around)

Old 01-22-13, 06:06 AM
Group Moderator
Hmm... sounds familiar but I can't recall for certain. Stuff came up and I wasn't able to try Pulpo's suggestion last night, have to see if I can tonight and I'll take a look at this as well. Thanks.

Old 02-06-13, 08:18 PM
Group Moderator
Geez, I've been busier than I thought, just got to this again tonight.

Okay, so turning the iPod on while connected to the computer did not do anything so I went into the iPod within iTunes and set it to sync. I then got the message that the iPod is synced to another library. Well, the problem is that it's not synced to another library, I just moved the library to another PC.

Any guesses what I'm missing now?

Old 02-06-13, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator
My sons does that too. He sync's on his computer and on mine. He has different library's. I have been trying to set one main library up on the network hard drive. Not sure if that's the issue.

Uggg Microsoft S^%ks

Last edited by lawrosa; 02-07-13 at 08:25 AM.
Old 02-06-13, 09:34 PM
I don't have an Ipod but I found a forum that I think will have the answer to your questions here is the link ITunes says I am synced with another library [Solved] | Kioskea . I hope this helps good luck to you!

Old 02-07-13, 07:41 AM
Group Moderator
Lot of info there and several things to try. I printed the pages and will see if I can attempt some of them tonight. Thank you.

Old 03-07-13, 11:40 AM
Group Moderator
In case anyone was curious, I never did get this work. Over the weekend I bit the bullet and set it to sync my iPod to the 'new' library and it proceeded to add the 72 songs I had added to iTunes since the last sync. Beyond that, all it did was reset my play counts all down to 0.