wireless connection

Old 01-22-13, 04:27 PM
wireless connection

I have a old Hewlett Packard Pavillion 6645c I installed a Belkin wireless g plus desktop card. I have a Belkin N 600 wireless dual band router model # F7D8302 V1 router. How do I set up the Hewlett Packard Pavillion to connect to the internet. My grandkids would like to be able to play some games.

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-13, 06:58 PM
If your Wireless 802.11n AP is set for 5GHz only, then your 802.11g card won't be able to talk, as 'g' only works on 2.4GHz. There could be other backwards-compatibility issues with 'n' as well, and it's probably difficult to cover the array of possible issues here.

I would start with frequency though, making sure that the AP is in dual-band mode or whatever they call it.

Old 01-22-13, 09:08 PM
Before getting too far into compatibility is your desktop able to "see" wireless networks, and did you install the driver software ? (What is is the Operating system of the desktop?)

Old 01-22-13, 09:57 PM
I agree wireless N is backward compatible but I don't know all of the ins and outs of it. Each router is different and you set each one a little bit differently but all of them can be accessed through your computers browser. All you need to know is the routers IP address and its password. If you don't know the password you can reset the router and then set your own password. You should have a manual or a disk with instructions on how to set your router or maybe both as that is what Verizon provided for me. You can also do a Google search of your router and be able to find the manual that way. If you have Adobe reader then you can download and search through the saved manual any time you need it.