MS Powerpoint to Keynote or other Apple software

Old 01-28-13, 11:34 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
MS Powerpoint to Keynote or other Apple software

Hello,

I am trying to convert/play an already established MS Powerpoint 2007 presentation on a Macbook and Ipad in keynote. Any suggestions? So far I and having NO luck

Thanks,

Joey

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-13, 03:42 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 19 Votes on 18 Posts
I haven't had much luck converting existing PowerPoint files to Keynote, though to be honest, after a couple tries, I usually end up starting from scratch in Keynote.

Some options:

- Try QuickView. It's built into your Mac OS, just highlight the .ppt file and tap the spacebar. It will open reasonably well. Things like transitions and such likely won't work.

- Try OpenOffice. It's free, and is an MS-Office-like tool suite. I find it opens MS Office documents reasonably well, but again, any complex animations, transitions, etc, probably won't open correctly.

- Try NeoOffice. It's free, like OpenOffice and built for the Mac. I've never used it, so I can't comment at all about it.

Are you having any specific issues we might be able to help with?

Old 01-29-13, 08:43 AM
Group Moderator
Received 46 Votes on 43 Posts
We convert power points to PDF before we send them to customers. I would think you could pull that up pretty easily but I don't know if you have effects built into your slide deck which would get removed that way.