Weather.com not recognizing correct date

Old 01-30-13, 06:25 AM
M
Received 27 Upvotes on 21 Posts
Weather.com not recognizing correct date

When I visit weather.com to check my local forecast, it shows me the forecast for last Friday. I've tried entering different zip codes and it still thinks it is Friday the 25th when it's actually Wednesday the 30th. Any idea why or how it would not recognize the correct date and time? FYI, my laptop is displaying the correct date/time.

Old 01-30-13, 06:27 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Clear your cache. Could be clogging it up. I had an issue a few weeks ago on my Atrix2, with it doing similar, but it cleared up shortly afterwards. Never had that problem on laptop.

Old 01-30-13, 06:33 AM
M
Which cache are you referring to? It appears as though it is only when I click the "Hourly" forecast. All the other forecasts display the correct date. Hourly is the one I need though. Maybe something is wrong with the website? Can you check to see if it is working on your end? National and Local Weather Forecast, Hurricane, Radar and Report

Old 01-30-13, 06:47 AM
OK, that's different. Originally you had said it was a universal Weather Channel failure to update. Yeah, the hourly thing doesn't always work for me either, even after a cache clearing. Obviously something on the WxC site, not your computer.

Old 01-30-13, 07:28 AM
M
It's been doing it since last Thursday, which is odd. I just ran a cleanup tool and registry cleaner tool and now it is saying it is January 16th. Wth?

Old 01-30-13, 07:37 AM
I think it is the time machine application you downloaded That's weird.

Old 01-30-13, 01:45 PM
F
Received 38 Upvotes on 30 Posts
Try using weather underground (Weather Forecast & Reports - Long Range & Local | Wunderground | Weather Underground) instead. I have at least three reporting stations within two miles of my home so I get some pretty accurate data.

Old 01-31-13, 02:20 AM
J
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Or get it straight from the horse's mouth (the NOAA WFO site serving your area)..

Either NOAA National Weather Service, NOAA National Weather Service, or NOAA National Weather Service depending on what part of VA you are in.. You can put in your zip code and get the nice graphical forecasts too..

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: