Including a link in e-mail

Old 02-05-01, 11:18 AM
firstshift
Visiting Guest
Folks:
Mine is but a simple question - how do I include a link to a website when I write e-mail? I have Win 98, should be fairly easy but haven't found topic in help menu.

Thanks,
Firstshift.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-01, 02:41 PM
Visiting Guest
Well I do it the easy way, I just cut and paste it.
Copy the url of the site, then paste it into the email.
It will show up as a hyper link.

Old 02-18-01, 03:18 PM
Visiting Guest
I have tried the easy way, myself but have found that depending on the ISP that the other person is using, it doensnt always work. The old way that always works is just typing the site I.e http://www.doityourself.com

Old 02-18-01, 05:13 PM
If you are using internet explorer, You should should have a roll of icons across the top portion of the screen, BACK, FORWARD, STOP, REFRESH, HOME, SEARCH, FAVORITES, HISTORY, MAIL, etc. If you don't then select view from the top menu and then toolbars / standard toolbar.

Now once you are on the website that you want to email, left click on the MAIL icon, then from the drop down menu , select SEND A LINK, it may or may not ask you to choose a profile, (if it does select the default email client), then just like any other email, fill in the email address and send.

Now some web sites that uses frames, may have a default frame it will always go to, but you should always get to the same site when the receiver clicks on the attached link.