CD-RW Burner WOn't Burn

Old 02-07-01, 02:03 PM
Unhappy

I have a Memorex CRW-1622 in a Pent III 700 MHz PC with 128 MB RAM & 18 GB HD. The other day it quit burning. I normally use Music Match Jukebox 6. I ran it in Test Only mode and it it returned no errors. When I try to burn the CD I get this message: "Unrecoverable Hardweare Error (04h 00h 02h 04h 00h 00h)"
I ran the test software included in the NTI program that came with the drive (per Memorex's instructions), and it too returned no errors in test mode. I also tried Adaptec Easy CD Creator 3.04 & Real Jukebox. They all test okay but die during a burn.
I defragged my HDs after uninstalling MMJ & Adaptec and whacking all temp files. I reinstalled MMJ and ran it in test mode. A-OK. I tried to burn and I got the same unrecoverable error. Next?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-01, 07:48 PM
Make sure you have the latest ASPI drivers, the latest firmware for the drive. One thing I want you to check is when it starts to burn and quits, look at the cd it tried to burn, does it look like part of the cd was burned (even small) ? I just want to confirm that the laser actually burned any of the cd even if it failed.

2nd. The burn software that you usually use uninstall it, reboot the computer, reinstall and reboot the computer.

Also what is the brand of cd blanks are you using ?

Repost with the new info.