Laptop DVD to TV

Old 02-07-01, 07:44 PM
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb

I have a new HP laptop with DVD drive. It has a TV out jack on rear for an RCA cable to the TV. The manual says to connect a Shielded cable with RCA jack between the computer and the TV Monitor. I don't think that this would give me sound on the TV. The only audio output on the Laptop is the headphone jack. Wouldn't I have to use a stereo adapter jack and two audio cables to the RCA jacks for audio in on the TV? Can anyone help. I haven't tried to connect it yet. Thanks

Old 02-08-01, 05:56 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
cpellis, It is a shame HP didn't include left and right RCA audio outputs but the limited space when dealing with a laptop is probably the reason. Does the manual have any info on the audio connections? Is your TV stereo? If so, you will need a stereo headphone jack plug that converts to two RCA plugs on the other end. You could find this adapter cord at Radio Shack or shops that install car audio systems. If you can't find such a cord you will have to use adapters best found at a Radio Shack or other electronic supply shops. If your TV is mono I don't know that they have a stereo headphone jack to single RCA plug cable or if this will even work. If this will work you would not have stereo sound but at least can use your DVD. We'll be listening...Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: