Bank Account login problems

Old 05-08-13, 01:10 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bank Account login problems

My bank just made some on line banking "improvements". Now i can't open my account ,and the bank rep.says i have to update to IE 9,from IE 8 I'm now using.

Is this true,or are they just blowing smoke at me?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-13, 01:47 PM
Received 21 Votes on 17 Posts
It could be true. Some web designers stupidly (in my opinion) design their creations to work ONLY with Microsoft Internet Explorer. I say this is stupid because IE is the most vulnerable browser in the world to being hacked. for this and many other reasons a lot of users prefer another browser such as Opera, Firefox, Chrome or others.

You might try downloading one of the other very popular browsers (they're free) and trying to see if a different browser might work for you. I would make a fair amount of noise if ONLY IE 9 works.

Old 05-08-13, 01:51 PM
It could very well be true banks want more up to date browsers being used by their customers for security reasons. You don't say whether you are using Windows XP or Windows Vista or later and I can tell you don't even think about trying to download IE 9 for Windows XP as it will not install on Windows XP.

Firefox though should be fine and for now anyway Mozilla is still updating Firefox on Windows XP so if you have it already installed that is great and you can continue banking with that. I don't like the latest download though the version available now as a new install keeps some form information so I suggest you use a private window when doing your banking. Otherwise you shouldn't have any problems with online banking and Firefox. Firefox moved private browsing by the way to the file area just click on file and then on New private window. I hope this is helpful to you have a nice day!

Old 05-08-13, 02:18 PM
Group Moderator
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Also Firefox should work even if they use a browser sniffer since it can be disguised as IE9.

Old 05-08-13, 03:27 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies. I talked to the bank ,and was told they are
working on the "bugs".

Who knows how this will end up?