Sending e-mail photos problems

Old 05-20-13, 05:31 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sending e-mail photos problems

With the help of the folks here at this site, i was able to send e-mail photos. However, there are two new issues.

One is that several photos don't appear in the e-mail message,and Two, those that open in their respective "box" are opening "Microsoft Office Picture manager". This means if i send these pictures the receiver would be free to edit the sent pictures.

Me thinks this is not a good idea. Any help here would appreciated

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-13, 06:05 PM
Group Moderator
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
What file format, JPG, PNG, GIf PDF or what?

I could probably edit any photograph sent just by taking a screenshot and saving in an easily edited format... and I'm not an expert.

Old 05-20-13, 06:55 PM
I doubt too that you could actually keep anyone from changing any photos that you send to anyone. If you want to you can add watermarks onto photos but if you are sending a photo to a friend I doubt you would want to do that. As to what program can do that I can't really say as I personally have never investigated that. With any photo editing software though you can add text to a photo and you could place a copyright notification on your photos if you have them copyrighted or have them applied for a copyright. I imagine you could find free water mark software on the web.

Old 05-21-13, 10:56 AM
Thanks everyone. I'll have to spend more time on this.

Old 05-21-13, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator
Received 8 Votes on 8 Posts
several photos don't appear in the e-mail message
If you are sending full resolution images it is possible the file size of your attachments are too large.
You can either change the setting in your camera for email specific photos or get a free program like Pix-Resizer and make any picture smaller.

those that open in their respective "box" are opening "Microsoft Office Picture manager
The reason pics are opening in Picture Manager is because you have your computer set to do so.
Put a picture on your screen then right click and select properties.
Under the General tab there is a setting for "Opens With". and a box that says "Change" where you can select which program should open JPEG images.

Under the same properties box here is a tab that says Details" where you can see what everyone can see when you send an image.
The program Pix-Resizer will remove this EXIF data if you don't want anyone to know the make and model of your camera, the date the picture was taken, all the settings on the camera and your shoe size!

Joking about the shoe size.

Old 05-21-13, 02:06 PM
That program you mention GregH is interesting I will have to check the link out and then tell my friend about the program. By the way I also did find some free watermark programs so you can add water marks to your copies of picture files on pictures you want to send out.

Old 05-21-13, 03:06 PM
Thanks GregH for your suggestions.

I can load several pictures into my outgoing e-mail,but when i CC myself i still get the Microsoft Office picture manager(MOPM)
when i open a sent pic. file on my computer.

Does the person receiving my e-mailed pics.with MOPM To?

Old 05-21-13, 04:33 PM
Group Moderator
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
MOMP is just the default program you have assigned on your computer for whatever file format it is in. On their computer it will open in whatever image program they have set as default for the file format it is in. THe important thing is file format and file size not what program you use for images.

Old 05-22-13, 03:46 AM
Super Moderator
Received 8 Votes on 8 Posts
If you want pictures to open in Windows Picture viewer on your computer:

Put a picture on your screen then right click and select properties.
Under the General tab there is a setting for "Opens With". and a box that says "Change" where you can select which program should open JPEG images.

Like Ray said, what program opens JPEG is whatever your default program is set to.

Old 05-22-13, 05:05 AM
Thanks GregH ,and ray2047. I have a better understanding of all this now.