Buetooth keyboard for android tablet?

Old 06-08-13, 06:11 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Buetooth keyboard for android tablet?

My son is wanting me to pick up a bluetooth keyboard for his android tablet. He lives in N.D. and there are no places near him to get one and he is so far out in the sticks working on a pipeline that he rarely gets internet service either. So that is how I got lucky enough to do this. I don't have any experience w/ tablets but I will order him one But before I do can anyone tell me if it makes a difference which type bluetooth keyboard I get. I see a lot of them on ebay and such. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-13, 02:57 AM
I am by no means an expert on Android tablets as a matter of fact I don't even own one. I saw this thread wasn't getting any attention though so I did a very quick search and found an old review of keyboards that goes back to 2011. I imagine those same keyboards are still available though. The review was from Computer World's website here is the link 3 Bluetooth keyboards for Android tablets - Computerworld . I suggest you look at Amazon.com too as they have them and I have found the customer reviews to be very helpful even if I don't buy from them.

Old 06-10-13, 03:17 AM
Thanks, that will be enough for me to just go ahead and order him one.

Old 06-10-13, 04:45 AM
Received 12 Votes on 12 Posts
I just bought a case/keyboard combo for my tablet (android as well). It was an ebay purchase (same as the ones I had seen on Amazon) and does work without any issues. Unfortunately I don't remember the brand and there is no markings on the case/keyboard to indicate who makes it. Cost me ~$25 and has been solid for the few weeks I've owned it.

One thing I can suggest is to know what make/model of tablet your son is using. If he's looking for a keyboard that he can carry with his tablet, it'll make finding one the same size as the tablet a lot easier. Mine is 8" and so is the keyboard I bought. The attached image below is the case I picked up (not from this address however). It works good and the detachable keyboard (held to the case with magnets) is a nice feature.

Attached Images  
Old 06-11-13, 04:22 AM
Any bluetooth keyboard will work.

If it's an Asus TF-series tablet there is a keyboard made for it that attaches and becomes part of the case. It also extends battery life by 2x and provides USB ports.

As Mike said, you need know what kind of tablet he has.

Old 06-11-13, 06:35 AM
thanks, will check with him, and then see what happens. appreciate the help.

Old 06-11-13, 08:07 AM
Order it online That's how I pretty much buy all of my tools and technology gadgets!

Old 06-11-13, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by Northern Mike

...It works good and the detachable keyboard (held to the case with magnets) is a nice feature.
Hope the magnets aren't too close to the memory card