Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Can't find motherboard info

Super Moderator

CANADA

02-12-01, 09:14 PM   #1  
I am wanting to upgrade my processor but I can't find motherboard specs.
I have a PSC (Pacific Semiconductor Corp.) 35-8808-02.
It is a PII-266.
Spent the evening searching without sucess.
Anyone ever heard of this board?

GregH

Sponsored Links
's Avatar
Visiting Guest

02-13-01, 11:23 AM   #2  
From the fact that it is a PII 266 tells us its a slot 1 motherboard.. probably an LX.

Are there any other #'s on the board? What kind of chipset is on it? Look for a black square chip (probably the biggest one) on the motherboard and reply with the name and #'s on it. Also look for an FCC #.

And look at screen when it first boots on, see if it shows type and write down the bios #'s.

If its an LX then best you could go is a PII 333. Which isnt worth it.

Your probably gonna have to replace the motherboard to get a decent processor upgrade.

Super Moderator

CANADA

02-13-01, 11:26 AM   #3  
Update

I have located the motherboard info on my vendors site.
PSC turns out to be an Intel board. I now have to sort out my particular model. The date code on my bios doesn't match the specs and I have to figure out whether I have 1 mbits or 2mbits of flash IC.

Ideas?

GregH

It is an Intel 440BX, board model BXA808D.
There are two board models that match mine both with different date codes.
One lists 1 mbits flash IC size and supports DMI function, the other shows 2 mbits flash IC size and supports DMI and ACPI function.
Not sure what this means.

GregH

[Edited by GregH on 02-13-01 at 02:33]

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

02-13-01, 12:16 PM   #4  
GregH,

That BXA808D sounds like an identifier code or something? Where did you locate that number. A model # should be something like sr440bx or se440bx something with 2 letters before the bx.

If you can provide the url to intels site for your motherboard.

Thanks

Search this Thread