Apple Airport Extreme constantly needs to be reset (power unplug)

Old 07-02-13, 01:34 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Apple Airport Extreme constantly needs to be reset (power unplug)

I have an Apple Airport Extreme that serves my Mini Mac desktop, Ipad, and Iphones. When I return to log on to the internet it is hit or miss if there is going to be a connection. I reset by unplugging the power wire to the Airport and wait a few minutes to get a connection. Sometimes its OK for a day or two and sometimes if you come back an hour later you need to do the reset.

I have had the cable provider check their signal and its 100% OK. Any advice is appreciated. I'm not sure if I should just go and buy a new unit.

Old 07-02-13, 04:13 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I am more a Windows person myself and shy away from Apple products not that some of them are not too bad but others seem to have problems. I did find another forum though that only deals with Apple products. One person said that you might need to do a down grade on the firm ware and others had a few other ideas and still others didn't know for sure. Here is the link I hope it helps you https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0 . If you can't get it working right then have someone at the Apple store look it over for you I hear they give great service.

Old 07-02-13, 07:28 PM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 422 Upvotes on 375 Posts
Is the Airport showing a green or yellow light? Can you connect to the router and find out if it has a connection? I'm wondering whether the Airport router is having issues or your cable modem is dropping the connection/IP address.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: